Around the world, Manitou provides an extensive range of machines tailored to the underground environment and to our customers’ specific requirements. Manitou understands that the underground work environment is a challenging landscape and as such has incorporated additional safety features in the machines to meet these challenges, some examples are:
- cabin and light protection systems to reduce unintentional damage.
- tramming lights so that co-workers know at a glance the direction of vehicle travel.
- heavy duty mining platforms with optional anti crush posts to prevent operators coming in contact with the mine ceiling.
A truly versatile materials handling solution for loose and palletised materials, Manitou’s equipment and experience are relied on around the world in underground applications.
Whether mining hard, metalliferous rock or soft rock such as coal, Manitou’s solutions help you operate and maintain the critical infrastructure of an underground mine. Manitou helps in completing every task in complete safety to the highest standards. Manitou’s underground work platform solutions for lifting personnel fully comply with Australian Standard AS1418.10 and European Standard EN280 and offer platform capacities up to 1000kg. With experience in underground mining that goes back over 25 years, Manitou is well equipped to deliver a tailored solution that will meet your every requirement.
THE MANITOU GROUP’S VISION
The REDUCE approach aims to improve the work conditions for machine operators in keeping with better productivity and environmental protection. This means transparency regarding fuel consumption data, reducing emissions, raising awareness of total cost of ownership (TCO), and putting a greater emphasis on the health and safety of operators.
• Personnel cabin window guards
• Fail-safe braking system
• Emergency steering
• Led working lights
• SMART lights safety system
• Exhaust fumes purification & dilution system
• Flameproof (depending on the countries homologation requirements)
• Diversify your return on investments through multiple attachment solutions
• Identical and easy maintenance whatever the model range: engine access, diagnostic systems…
• Quick and easy attachment changes.